Location: Ha Long City
Address: Tuan Chau Island, Halong City, Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam
Star rate: *****
The 4-star Morning Star Hotel, Tuan Chau Island's newest hotel is prominently located on a Tuan Chau Island hillside. Each of ts 106 luxurious and comfortable rooms and suites has its own special magnificent and romantic view of Halong Bay.
Amongst 1,969 islands and islets in Halong Bay - has twice been designated a World Natural Heritage Site by UNESCO, Tuan Chau is one of the most beautiful islands and it is the only one that is inhabited.
With a total land area of 710 hectares, and a population of about 2000 people, the island is convenient for both transportation on road and by sea. Besides the very easy access to the famous World Heritage Halong Bay by boat, to get to Hanoi, it only takes 3 hour by car (highway 18A linking Hanoi, Hai Phong and Quang Ninh) or 2 hour by car (new highway Bac Ninh Pha Lai). To get to the bustling trading border province of Mong Cai, it only takes 4 hour by car or 2 hour by hydrofoil. From Tuan Chau to Hai Phong, the important seaport city of the north, it only takes 1 hour by hydrofoil or 1hour and a half by car.
Tuan Chau Island's name is derived from the two words “linh tuan” (the patrol man) and “tri chau” (district chief) since in the feudal times the royal army set up a guard station here to patrol and defend the borderland. Prior to 1999, the Island's residents suffered from a very modest living standard. There was no power network and no clean water. Roads were only trails and there were no mechanical means of transportation. Tuan Chau was a very poor town where fishing with very rudimentary tools was the primary means of making a living.
|31st October 2011.
|Morning Star Suite
* Additional charge US$ 5.00 net per room per night for Victoria days (From 30th April till 3rd May 2011)& National day (2nd September 2011). Compulsory dinner at US$ 15.00 net per person per meal(excluding drinks) on 30th April, 1st May 2011 & 2nd September 2011 will be applied.
*All rates are subject to change without notice
* Rates are inclusive of VAT, government taxes and service charges.
*These rates are available only for bookings made with this website only
Facilities & Services:
- One big bed or two small beds in each room
- Balcony towards Halong Bay from Deluxe up
- Bathrobes, slippers and umbrellas
- Air conditioning and hot water center system
- IDD telephone
- Color television with satellite channels
- Mini bar/ coffee and tea making facilities
- Train station pick-up service
- Travel tour arrangement
- Vehicles for rent
- Visa extension and ticket booking service
- Laundry & dry-cleaning service
- Foreign currency exchange
- Internet & Email service
- 24-hours room service
- Room Top Bar overlooking Ha Long Bay
- Complementary drink water